Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pandorum


When Pandorum came out in theaters a year or two ago, I remember thinking, "I've got to see that one." But I never did.

Until last night. Thanks to my sons, they sat me down, with takeout food (excellent Vietnamese dinner from Nha Trang Place Jersey City) and beer (Exit 4 from Flying Fish) to watch Pandorum.

Excellent!

An intense and terrifying spaceship thriller starring Ben Foster, Dennis Quaid, and German actress Antje Traue (who would make an excellent Lisbeth Salander), I was riveted throughout as director Christian Alvart kept me guessing as to just what the heck was going on.

And I loved the ending.

For some reason, when Pandorum ran in theaters, it tanked. The critics didn't like it. And audiences passed on it.

If you like Alien, The Descent, and similar sci-fi/horror films, this one is for you.

Posted by Terrence Seamon on July 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment